Skins Workshop Hosting Information
If you are interested in bringing a Skins Workshop to your community, please know that we approach the workshops as a collaboration between you and us. As such, we will need some things from you to make sure it’s a success, including the following:
Workshop hosts must provide the following minimum staffing requirements:
- Prior to workshop: corresponds with AbTeC staff to ensure needs are met; promotes workshops; manages participant registration; arranges food service (if necessary)
- During workshop: remains present to assist with setup and take down; manages venue (temperature, food, etc.); assists participants with personal concerns
- Prior to workshop: ensures that all required equipment and software works at least 1 week before the workshop starts
- During workshop: available to solve technical issues (computer crashes, power, internet, microphones, projections, etc.)
Participant Trainee (optional, but ideal)
- An identified individual who will attend the workshop with the express purpose of learning to lead a future workshop
Additional host staffing may be required depending on the type of workshop.
AbTeC’s network is composed of multi-talented artists, gamers and educators. A team of individuals is assembled for each workshop, depending on the number of workshop participants, and in conversation with the host. There is a fee for each AbTeC team member.
For workshops outside of Montreal, hosts also cover all travel, accommodation, and meal expenses for each AbTeC team member during the workshop (including travel days).
Workshop hosts must ensure and appropriate venue for the workshop, which includes the following:
- Large room for all participants and staff to work collaboratively and sit comfortably for long periods of time
- Comfortable and consistent room temperature (22 degrees C)
- Fully-equipped presentation area with computer, display, speakers, internet, and microphone
- A separate space to take lunch and coffee breaks
- Adequate parking or accessible via public transit
- Accessible restrooms
Workshop hosts must provide equipment with the following minimum technical requirements:
- 1 per participant and 1 for instructors
- Minimum hardware specifications:
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: 2.6 Ghz quad-core
- Memory: 16GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 980
- Disk space: 100 GB
- 1920×1080 monitor
- Mouse with scroll wheel
- Keyboard with number pad
- 100Mbs download, 10Mbs upload
- Ethernet connections
- Unblocked access
- Ethernet and wifi options for AbTeC staff devices
- Internet connections to workshop devices must be managed by a network switch
- Projector screen or large display
Several of our workshops have been adapted to be delivered online. All participants are required to use their own equipment and internet connection for this option.
Every Skins workshop is designed to meet the needs of our hosts and their communities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.